TLS offers a variety of person-centered residential services for individuals with developmental disabilities and/or traumatic brain injuries. Services are personalized to reflect each individual's interests and needs.
- Options include homes with staff on-site, and apartments with staff and a nurse on-site or available by phone on a twenty-four hour basis.
- A team approach is used to develop a highly individualized plan of services.
- Participants have the opportunity to develop community living skills and supportive networks, which enable them to make informed choices in their lives.
- Skill teaching is provided in areas such as budgeting, shopping, meal preparation, use of public transportation, personal health care, and the development of interpersonal skills.
- Available for individuals who reside in their own home or apartment, or with their families.
- One-on-one, individualized support is offered in learning daily living skills, participating in social and recreational activities, and developing supportive networks.
- Helping people to become valued members of their community is part of the mission statement of TLS. Listen to a Community Habilitation worker speak about the way she creatively met this challenge.